• It provides a great platform for young men and women to enhance their knowledge and skills.
• To promote a better relationship between all people world-wide through a framework of friendship and service.
• It paves the way for the future generation to show the passion to enrich the society.
The rotary club of Calcutta became the first rotary club chartered in India on January 1, 1920. Rotaract originally began as a rotary international youth program in 1968 at charlotte north rotary club. Today more than 3000 clubs operate throughout the country. It mainly focuses in a global effort to bring and international understanding to the world.
The word ROTARACT stands for ”Rotary in Action”, although the name originally comes from a combination of “ROTARY” and “INTERACT”(international+action).Club members get together on designated days for service project work, social events, or professional /leadership development workshops.
Rotaract means-“service above self”
• Joy of giving-Promoted the welfare of the orphans.
• Tree plantation-Extrapolated the life cycle of the environment.
• Orphanage camp-Encouraged them to explore.
• Gratitude to guru-Rejuvenated the thoughts of the faculty
• Heal the world-Extracted the innovative ideas to protect the polluted nation.
1. S. A.Madhankumar -President
2. P. Keerthana -Vice President
3. V. Poovanan -Secretary- Men
4. K. M. Sindhu-Secretary- Women
5. P. Rajvignesh -Treasurer
6. K. Lakshmana kumar -Director
7. S. Dhinesh Kumar-Director
8. S. Swetha -Director
9. E. Abishek -Public relation officer
10. D. K. Shyam Sundar -Student Coordinator
11. M. Kalidass- Editor
12.S. Sowmiya -Editor
1. Dr .S.Pooomagal – Applied mathematics and Computational science
2. J. Nirash – Automobile Engineering